Friday 6 July 2012

Beauty Crush: Caggie Dunlop

I decided to paint my nails earlier, and, bored of my usual black/such-dark-red-it-might-as-well-be-black, I thought I'd go summery and actually try colour. Then I thought 'why not MULTIPLE colours?', or as I call them, 'Caggie nails'.

I don't care how much bad press it gets, Made In Chelsea is one of my favourite TV programmes, and I was devastated when I found out Caggie was leaving this season. To me, she is the ultimate style icon from that show- she always looks amazing, and basically I pretty much want to be her.

Caggie Nails

Caggie debuted this look in the final episode of the first season:


Not the greatest picture in the world, but you can see the effect: immaculate, all-white ensemble set off by multicoloured nails. Luckily this wasn't the only time she had her nails like this:



This is a much clearer picture: yellow thumb, red, mint green, dark blue then white.

It wasn't long before other stars started wearing the trend too:

Fearne Cotton


Pixie Lott


Lauren Conrad

If such a bright mix of colours is a little daunting, then it's best to stick either to just pastels, or different shades of the same colour. I would show you mine right now (a mixture of corals and pinks) but to be honest it looks like a 5 year old has done them. Embarrassing.

Caggie's Jewellery

Another thing Caggie's known for is her abundance of jewellery, most notably, her turquoise rings:



(Ignoring her rings for a second, HOW amazing is that leopard print coat???)

Her rings are actually made by Zara Taylor and are available here:
http://www.zarataylor.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1752441-Vintage-Turquoise-Matrix-Ring-.html
http://www.zarataylor.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1719691-Vintage-Turquoise-Matrix-Silver-Ring-PREORDER-ONLY.html

Caggie also likes to rock other quirky accessories- a hand chain or ear cuff:



The ear cuff she's wearing in the above picture is actually from her own range she started with Zara Taylor (the designer of her turquoise rings) called ISWAI (It Started With An Idea) which can be found here: http://iswai.co.uk/jewellery/.


In case it wasn't clear, I absolutely <3 Caggie Dunlop. She looks amazing in everything (see last picture, where she is wearing a hoodie, with her hair scraped back, and still looks miles better than I could ever hope to look). I only hope that one day she'll make a proper return to MIC...

No comments:

Post a Comment