Friday 13 July 2012

Liz Earle Eyebright Review

I have the worst hayfever ever at the moment. Usually I get a bit of a runny nose at least, but no, this year, I have a blocked/runny nose (how does that work exactly?), I'm constantly sneezing, and my eyes are so watery, sore and itchy that all I seem to be doing is rubbing them, which is not helping matters AT all.

So attractive right now.

Anyway, Liz Earle's Eyebright is my go-to product at the moment. Its name comes from one of its main ingredients, the herb eyebright, which has been used for centuries as, unsurprisingly, a remedy for eye problems.

Eyebright

The two other main ingredients are witch hazel (which tones the skin) and aloe vera (which soothes). The product is marketed as a 'soothing eye lotion' and is supposed to help 'refresh tired, puffy, or sore eyes'.

Let's get one thing straight: I love this product. I've used it for years, and it really does soothe the eyes and bring them down a bit. It's really worked wonders on my hayfever-battered eyes recently.

Even though it's called a 'lotion' it's really a liquid, more like a toner in consistency, and one thing to note is that it has a really strong smell. I happen to like strong smells, but it might not be to everyone's taste. The way to use it is to pour it onto cotton wool pads, close your eyes and place the pads on top. If you don't like covering up your eyes, then fold the pads into a half-moon shape, and place under the eye- it'll work just as well.

Liz Earle Eyebright 

A cotton pad with some of the product on it-
as you can see, the colour of the product is quite neutral

If you are interested at all in this product, check it out on their website: http://uk.lizearle.com/eyebright-soothing-eye-lotion.html

x

No comments:

Post a Comment