Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nars Multiple: Review

A friend who was clearing out some of her beauty products last year gave me two of Nars' The Multiple sticksso I thought I'd do a little post about them.  The Multiple has been hailed as some sort of wonder-stick, designed for use all over the face, as an eyeshadow, lip colour, blusher, highlighter or even as a contouring tool.






The shades I got were Portofino, and Cannes (which has now been discontinued). The Portofino is a beautiful pinky coral colour, with a slight shimmery sheen to it, and the Cannes is plummy colour with bronze undertones.

Left: Portofino    Right: Cannes

Left: Portofino    Right: Cannes
The swatches of these colours aren't quite as intense in colours as in the stick, but are still quite good:

Left: Portofino    Right: Cannes
And if you blend them a bit, they can be used just to give a hint of colour to the skin:

Left: Portofino    Right: Cannes

So, what do I actually think of the products?

I love the Portofino- this stick has actually made it into my everyday makeup routine, as my blusher. I have quite pale skin (as you can see from the swatches above!) and it gives it a nice dewy glow, and a slight hint of colour, that makes me look less like an extra from The Walking Dead!  I actually apply this using my fingers- it's what Nars recommend, and it's really easy to do.The Cannes is a little too dark for my skin to be used as a blusher, and a bit too purple for my liking as well.

Both give nice lip colours- more a subtle tint than anything else, but I find them too drying to wear them every day. Also ,I have to say, I haven't used either colours on my eyes- partly because I don't wear much eyeshadow, but also because I just don't like the texture as an eye product.

These multi-sticks retail at £29.00, so as I only use it as a blusher, in all honesty, I probably won't be buying the Portofino again once I run out. I do love the colour, but it's a bit too expensive for me at the moment to justify buying it, especially when I'm not using it as a multi-purpose stick.

Luckily, however, they do last for absolutely ages, so it'll be a while before I need to worry about finding a replacement!
x

2 comments:

  1. heya..ive just started my own blog too! yours is lookin fab! if you could check mine out and support me too..that be awesome :) www.allthatisprettyx.blogspot.com xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! you are a new registered! I have an award for you on my blog!
    I'll wait!


    http://sweetymakeupcandy.blogspot.it/2012/07/premio-colors-award.html

    ReplyDelete